Samsung will unveil its 2018 flagship phone, the Galaxy S9, next month at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, according to the company’s mobile boss.
DJ Koh, president of Samsung’s mobile division, said at this week’s CES trade show in Las Vegas that the flagship phone will be unveiled at MWC in late February,
Little is known right now about the successor to the popular Galaxy S8, including whether there will be a super-sized Galaxy S9 Plus version. Rumors circulating ahead of CES suggested the phone could make an appearance in Vegas, but Samsung usually unveils the flagship device after the show. Last year, the company hosted a standalone event in March where it unveiled the Galaxy S8.
Other than Koh’s statement, Samsung has not announced when or where this year’s launch will happen. A Samsung spokesman in the UK said Wednesday that he had “no comment on that story.” Other representatives for the company have not responded to CNET’s requests for comment.
The Smartest Stuff: Innovators are thinking up new ways to make you, and the things around you, smarter.