Having bought a pair of shoes from Geox or any other well-known brands, people tend to believe that they are insured against autumn slush and heavy snow in winter. However, this is not quite true. The quality, functionality and wear-resistance of any footwear are determined not only by an impressive price tag and a prestigious label, but by proper care too. Having bought a pair of shoes from Geox or any other well-known brands, people tend to believe that they are insured against autumn slush and heavy snow in winter. However, this is not quite true. The quality, functionality and wear-resistance of any footwear are determined not only by an impressive price tag and a prestigious label, but by proper care too.
Generally, the autumn-winter period is considered to be that time when our shoes experience the most negative impact from water, dirt and various reagents. At the same time it is known that boots and sneakers serve as long as they can only if you properly take care of them. First of all, you need to buy a water repellent for suede and delicate footwear material and colored creams for each kind of footwear as well. Moreover, it is desirable to purchase some sponges with silicone impregnated fabric, which are also available in any store.
The first thing you need to do after you come from the street and take off your shoes is to use any napkin that is designed to clean the shoes and wipe off dirt and other reagents from the shoe surface and sole. When the shoes are clean and dry, you need to apply a thin layer of a cream of the appropriate color and leave it to air-dry naturally. Moreover, you can even leave your shoes to dry for the night and polish it in the morning. Leather shoes are polished with a soft brush. High quality shoe cream is enough to apply one time (no more than two times) a week.
If the shoes have thin leather sole and the place between the top and the sole leaks a little, you should immediately use a special cream or a hand cream that contain silicone. Apply it on the place that leaks, then polish.
Tips on taking care of your shoes:
• You should not save on care products. Use good water repellent spray to prevent your shoes from damage. It is better to use not the colorless cream, but the cream that has the same color as your footwear.
• If the shoes are soiled and soaked, they should be cleaned up and dried immediately, otherwise they will be damaged.• Shoes made from patent leather are not supposed to be worn in wet weather. When you get home, immediately apply vegetable oil or glycerin on the shiny surface.
• Salt spots from anti-ice reagents can be washed off with warm water or a weak vinegar solution.
• N.B.! Shoes cannot be dried on radiator. The right thing to do is to take out the insole and tightly stuff the shoes with newspapers or napkins.
• Buy two or three pairs of footwear for each season. If you have only one pair of shoes for each period of the year, it will very quickly become trash. Check out Naturalizer shoe wear and fill your closet with comfortable footwear suitable for any kind of weather.
Walking On A Cloud
Riocan Marketplace 2181 Steeles Ave W